Thursday, June 23, 2011

Run, drive, sleep?, repeat...

This is what Brian and I have been diligently training for since January.. the craziest race ever- Ragnar. This past weekend we ran with 10 other team members from Logan to Park City. That's 192 miles people! Each person took turns running 3 legs of the race. We ran, drove, tried to sleep, and repeated it all over again for 33 hours and 26 minutes. It was the most fun I've had running. I can't wait to race again next year!


VAN 1- scott, Lori, Kenia Ann, Julie, Brian, Lyndsay

The night before the race our team got together for a carb loading spaghetti dinner and van decorating.


VAN 2- Lyle, Julie, Tricia, Ursula, Lindsey (Taisha was missing that night)


Decorating the vans- our them was rock n roll



Team UVGOTOBEKIDNME (You've got to be kidding me)
Trust me, this phrase was said numerous times during the race- hence the team name!)


Waiting at the starting line..



You can't tell in this picture- but Lori and Brian were being nice and spraying runners with water since it was so hot. However, Lori is not much of a multi tasker. We were driving up Avon pass at the time and I had visions of Lori driving us off the cliff!


Ragnar wouldn't be the same with out Brian and a stretching picture! He killed this run- 8:45 pace..

Waiting at the exchange at Snow Basin Resort for Van 2 runner Lindsey


Me before my last run.. I was exhausted.


Nothing beats your own personal cheer leaders during your runs.


Ragnar tats...


Relieved to be finished with my last run!

Van 1 waiting at the finish line for van 2



Rag-narly Julie. She got blisters on the bottom of her feet from her first run... nothing that duct tape can't fix!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Good for you guys! Looks like lots of fun, pretty sure I would pass out after 2 minutes of that. Chris and I are starting p90X as soon as it gets here, need to lose all this baby blubber I'm carrying around...will let you know how it goes

    ReplyDelete